Monday 16 April 2012

Research for Free

I wandered into my manager's office this afternoon to provide some important supplier communication, when my eyes fell up the 6-8 copies of To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing out the World? stacked on her desk. The book, written by The Observer columnist Lucy Siegle, has been on my 'to read' list since its publication last year (I have revisiting my love of literature since completing my MA).

I spurted out my (what I now considered, irrelevant) supplier info and quickly enquired about the tower of books. 'Are you a fast reader?' was her response. Keen to impress, I replied 'I can be, can I read it?'

I walked away from her office with a fresh copy and a skip in my step: free reading. Dickens is now on hold, I'll let you know how I get on.


Image source: Egg Magazine blog

No comments:

Post a Comment